Why? Because traditional networks are limited, uptight, controlling, attention consumers, that sell out their users for profit.
We believe the web can do better.
How it works
- Open the app - it's web based so you don't have to download anything.
- Make a profile - simply a name, color, and optional bio.
- Browse, create, connect, share - the more connections you make the more things you'll be able to find and the more discoverable your things will be.
Who's Linky for?
If you're an early adopter, looking for alternatives to mainstream social media, or interested in AI or online privacy, Linky is interesting new tech you might want to follow. Join the waiting list.
What is linky technically?
Linky is hybrid peer-to-peer software that runs on your hardware (your phone, tablets, pcs,) dynamically forming your own easy-to-use personal private cloud. With linky data is stored across your devices and interactions happen directly between users' devices rather than through a central server.
Linky is NOT
- A centrally managed social platform (like FB, IG, Twitter, etc.)
- A hosting service.
- An HTTP API.
- A blockchain.
- A singular home server or NAS.
- Private: data is kept local, shares are direct device‑to‑device, AI that runs privately from home.
- Personal: everyone's different - have the features you want, choose when and how things change.
- AI: unlimited machine learning that's always available.
- You're in control: linky isn't ad supported - there's no tracking, no algorithm, no unwanted interruptions, you choose what to share and see. Add all the storage space you want.
What can you do with a platform like linky?
The whyWe feel the Internet is losing its joy. Our mission is to restore that spark, the fun, the excitement, the sense of ownership and community that drew us to the net to begin with.
How we're funded
Linky is 100% free! Now some of you are thinking... Hold on, if Linky is free then I'm the product right? Well, no. We don't track users or collect and sell their data. Linky is supported through user donation (compute & storage) and entirely optional subscription services and software and hardware sales.